Date: Sunday, October 22nd, 2017 8:00 AM
Jefferson Memorial Forest, Horine Section, Louisville, KY
Welcome to the Hillbilly Half Marathon!
Below you will find the info you need for race day.
We hope you enjoy the trails, be safe, work hard, and HAVE FUN!
PACKET PICK UP
* Saturday October 21st, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Quest Outdoors
4600 Shelbyville Rd. Louisville, KY 40207
* Race Day Packet PickUp Begins at 7:00 a.m. - (others may pick up your packet.)
* Race Day Registration is available starting at 7:00 am. ($65.00 Cash or Check Only, Please) T-Shirts will be available to race-day registrants while supplies last!
Runner Check In
* ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN AT THE REGISTRATION TENT- We MUST know who is out on the trails for safety. The last runner must be checked in NO LATER than 7:45 a.m. Be aware that there may be a line. Arrive early!
Start/Finish Line Location
* The race start and finish will be located at Horine Center (Jefferson Memorial Forest)
* Address for directions: 12304 Hosclaw Hill Rd, Brooks KY 40109
Race Day Parking
* Race Day Parking is available at the start/finish line.
* There will be NO drop bags used for this race. Please carry with you any items you might need. It is HIGHLY encouraged to BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE. We will have a LIMITED supply of cups in an effort to be more eco-friendly and less wasteful. This is a trail race. It's the norm.
* There will be two Port-A-Potties in the start/finish parking area. There are also pit toilets near the parking area.
* The course starts at the Horine parking lot. Run towards the campground for a few hundred yards before making a SHARP 180 degree hairpin turn and head back towards the parking lot on doubletrack trail. (This is to thin out runners…) Runners then loop around the lake and head down the Yost Ridge Trail to the Welcome Center where the Siltstone Trail is followed for the out and back. After runners cross Bearcamp Rd, (approx. 5 mi), you climb another 1.6 miles up onto the main ridge of the Siltstone Trail. There will be a sign directing runners to turn around since this is an out and back course. Runners return the same way to the Horine area.
* COURSE MARKING - Neon Pink ground paint and tree flagging. We will also utilize course marshals at road crossing at important junctions on the course.
* The course has several road crossings. Runners caveat! Look both ways!
* As common courtesy, on singletrack trails please yell "On your Left!" and pass. Passing runners thank those whom move for you. Thank you!
* There is a 6-hour time limit for this race!
* There will be aid stations at miles 2, 5, 8, 11 and at the finish line there will be post race snacks that we will provide.
* Aid Station Locations: Mile 2 and 11 -Jefferson Memorial Welcome Center. Mile 5 and 8- Bearcamp Road Crossing on the Siltstone Trail.
* In addition, I am encouraging runners to bring a dish in a disposable container to contribute to post-race festivities...something like a pasta dish or the like! Lets have fun! There won’t be outlets so cold food items are best.
* Aid stations will be stocked with standard trail running fare such as; pretzels, pringles, gummy bears, M&M’s, skittles, bananas, chocolate chip cookies and PB and J sandwiches. Water and Gatorade will be provided.
* Are allowed, but please KEEP THE VOLUME DOWN ! Runners whom are passing are likely to knock you down should you be listening to an iPod so loudly that you can't hear the "On your left!" shout. It is not your right to race with an iPod. It is something I'm allowing out of goodwill. Don't abuse this privilege. 99.9% of you are respectful of volume. This is for the one bad apple who isn't...
* It is incredibly frustrating to try to pass a runner who can't hear because their music is too loud! Be aware of your surroundings.
* Please remember to wear your bib at all times so that you can be identified by your number.
* IMPORTANT: Please make sure you cross the mat at the start and finish of the race. Your time will NOT be registered if you do not cross the mat!!
* Your chip will be worn on your shoe and should be removed once you cross the finish line
Awards / Medals
* Awards/ Prizes- Some of you will be receiving prizes that our sponsors have donated. Upon completion of the race you will be directed to the prize tent to pick the prizes which are given out on a first come first serve basis.
* Trophies– Upon completion of the race, you will receive your very special Hillbilly trophy.